Seminar to help businesses praised by shop owners
- Credit: Archant
A free seminar for independent businesses in Weston by North Somerset Council has been praised by shop owners.
The first of the three seminars held in September, focused on shop window design, presented by Gemma Turner, director for Weston Hospicecare.
Attendees praised Gemma for offering valuable insight on the changing retail market.
The next dates for the seminar which is a partnership initiative involving the Great Weston Heritage Action Zone will be on October 15, discussing minimising retail theft and the final seminar on November 19 on marketing ideas for independent businesses.
Cara MacMahon, heritage action zone officer at North Somerset Council, said: "We were asked to hold these seminars by local businesses.
You may also want to watch:
"The feedback we've received so far has been phenomenal.
"I'm looking forward to the remaining seminars."
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 6 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare