Seminar to help businesses praised by shop owners
- Credit: Archant
A free seminar for independent businesses in Weston by North Somerset Council has been praised by shop owners.
The first of the three seminars held in September, focused on shop window design, presented by Gemma Turner, director for Weston Hospicecare.
Attendees praised Gemma for offering valuable insight on the changing retail market.
The next dates for the seminar which is a partnership initiative involving the Great Weston Heritage Action Zone will be on October 15, discussing minimising retail theft and the final seminar on November 19 on marketing ideas for independent businesses.
Cara MacMahon, heritage action zone officer at North Somerset Council, said: "We were asked to hold these seminars by local businesses.
"The feedback we've received so far has been phenomenal.
"I'm looking forward to the remaining seminars."
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 3 Spacious residence in exclusive Weston Hillside
- 4 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 5 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 6 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Council finances given auditors' approval
- 10 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash