Seminar to help businesses praised by shop owners
- Credit: Archant
A free seminar for independent businesses in Weston by North Somerset Council has been praised by shop owners.
The first of the three seminars held in September, focused on shop window design, presented by Gemma Turner, director for Weston Hospicecare.
Attendees praised Gemma for offering valuable insight on the changing retail market.
The next dates for the seminar which is a partnership initiative involving the Great Weston Heritage Action Zone will be on October 15, discussing minimising retail theft and the final seminar on November 19 on marketing ideas for independent businesses.
Cara MacMahon, heritage action zone officer at North Somerset Council, said: "We were asked to hold these seminars by local businesses.
You may also want to watch:
"The feedback we've received so far has been phenomenal.
"I'm looking forward to the remaining seminars."
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 7 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 North Somerset Council pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh