Signed cards from West End for Weston singer
- Credit: Archant
A Weston singer received an unusual gift on her 21st birthday.
Chrystal Bliss received 21 birthday cards signed by stars of West End shows, including performers from Les Misérables and Wicked.
The University Centre Weston student is studying a musical theatre degree and wants to move into performance teaching after her final year.
She said: "Usually you have to spend hours queuing up after a show to get signatures, so to have so many come through with personal messages is just amazing. My mum organised them all and it took more than six months of planning, I have to thank her for the effort she put in.
"I love shows on the West End - having these amazing performers wish me well is a dream come true."
You may also want to watch:
Chrystal will perform at the All 60s Night at Weston Football Club next year. The event raises money for Weston Hospicecare.
- 1 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 May 17: What can't open when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 4 Mystery of hillside artwork in Somerset village revealed
- 5 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 6 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 7 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 8 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre
- 9 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 10 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations