Soroptimists raise money for charity
- Credit: Archant
A Weston group has raised money for charity.
To coincide with the Soroptimists International day of action on Saturday, six members of Weston Soroptimists met for a socially distanced charity cream tea.
Despite being low on members, the group raised £48 thanks to the afternoon meal, a glass of Pimms and the sale of homemade redcurrant jelly.
Money raised will be donated to Weston Hospicecare.
The club was founded in 1939, and the objectives of the organisation remain the same – to educate, empower and enable women and girls alike.
You may also want to watch:
Soroptimist International is a worldwide volunteer organisation for women who work for peace and, in particular, to improve the lives of women and girls in their communities.
For more, see www.sigbi.org/weston-super-mare.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 8 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 9 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
- 10 Second school site gets approval despite opposition