Soroptimists raise money for charity
- Credit: Archant
A Weston group has raised money for charity.
To coincide with the Soroptimists International day of action on Saturday, six members of Weston Soroptimists met for a socially distanced charity cream tea.
Despite being low on members, the group raised £48 thanks to the afternoon meal, a glass of Pimms and the sale of homemade redcurrant jelly.
Money raised will be donated to Weston Hospicecare.
The club was founded in 1939, and the objectives of the organisation remain the same – to educate, empower and enable women and girls alike.
You may also want to watch:
Soroptimist International is a worldwide volunteer organisation for women who work for peace and, in particular, to improve the lives of women and girls in their communities.
For more, see www.sigbi.org/weston-super-mare.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown