WESTON SUPER HALF PHOTOS: More than 1,500 tackle run in the sun along seafront
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s seafront was packed with hundreds of people at the weekend, as the town hosted its first half marathon.
More than 1,500 runners tackled the Weston Super Half yesterday (Sunday), which took in the sights and sounds of Weston’s coastline.
The entrants enjoyed perfect conditions for the race along the picturesque route.
The race was won by Colin Snook, of Cornwall Athletics Club, in a shade over an hour and 12 minutes, while the best local runner was third-placed Kieron Summers of Weston Athletics Club, who finished in a highly-impressive time of 1:14.
Charlotte Taylor-Green was the first woman to the finish line in fourth place, getting round in just 75 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The 13.1-mile race was orchestrated by Runjoy, owned by double Olympic rowing gold medallist James Cracknell.
The event will return in 2020, and demand for entries is sure to be high.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 3 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 4 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 5 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 9 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 10 Party in the Park event returns to Weston