WESTON SUPER HALF PHOTOS: More than 1,500 tackle run in the sun along seafront
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s seafront was packed with hundreds of people at the weekend, as the town hosted its first half marathon.
More than 1,500 runners tackled the Weston Super Half yesterday (Sunday), which took in the sights and sounds of Weston’s coastline.
The entrants enjoyed perfect conditions for the race along the picturesque route.
The race was won by Colin Snook, of Cornwall Athletics Club, in a shade over an hour and 12 minutes, while the best local runner was third-placed Kieron Summers of Weston Athletics Club, who finished in a highly-impressive time of 1:14.
Charlotte Taylor-Green was the first woman to the finish line in fourth place, getting round in just 75 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The 13.1-mile race was orchestrated by Runjoy, owned by double Olympic rowing gold medallist James Cracknell.
The event will return in 2020, and demand for entries is sure to be high.
- 1 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 3 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 4 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 5 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 6 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 7 Weston Lions cancel Real Ale Festival
- 8 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 9 Weston vets wins two awards
- 10 Teenager charged with murder in Weston