Weston-super-Mare artist’s studio plans submitted
- Credit: Google Street View
Plans to convert a vacant shop into a temporary artist’s studio in Weston look set to be approved by the area’s unitary council.
North Somerset Council submitted plans for the shop, in Weston’s High Street, to be transformed into a creative hub and gallery earlier this month.
The artist’s studio will be a temporary fixture for up to two years in the town centre until a new retail shop can be found to replace it.
It will be designed to be a meeting place for the town’s creative community and a place for people to share ideas and work together.
Clothing brand Saltrock vacated the building in autumn last year and no structural amendments have been submitted to change the layout of the shop.
You may also want to watch:
The building has been used as a retail space for more than a century and the studio will span across its three floors.
A decision on the plans is set to be made by the end of January.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab