Hundreds of pounds collected for Weston RNLI outside Asda
- Credit: Weston RNLI
Volunteers ran a collection outside Weston’s Asda supermarket.
The fundraisers were successful in raising hundreds of pounds to help Weston RNLI pay for a new lifeboat station after the crew was ordered off its previous base on Birnbeck Island in 2013.
Fundraising chairman Peter Elmont said: “We would like to give our thanks and appreciation to Asda and all those who supported us with donations on the day, which totalled £427.35.
“Every donation received helps our volunteers to continue to save lives at sea.”
The RNLI launched its appeal to help raise hundreds of thousands of pounds to get a new station.
You may also want to watch:
It has investigated 14 sites since 2007 and has found it difficult to find a spot with the right tidal range.
It has the keys to The Cove restaurant, by Marine Lake, and hopes to make it its permanent home soon.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 3 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 4 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 5 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 6 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 7 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Uphill Castle run riot in Somerset League Cup
- 10 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife