New children’s book set in Viking underworld
- Credit: Archant
A Weston author is celebrating success after seeing his first book in print.
Alan Lathan, from Mead Vale, has written Angelina Janny Jones and the Lost Norn – the first in a trilogy.
Alan has been working on the children’s book for 10 years and is delighted it is now on sale.
He said: “It’s my first book but I’ve got four more in the pipeline.
“I’ve had a book in my head for the past 10 years and it took me five years to write it.”
The story is about a 14-year-old girl who is pulled down into the Viking underworld by a Norn.
Angelina has to make her way through an underground water world, where she encounters various creatures which help or hinder her quest to escape the Norn.
- 1 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 2 French court claims Jill Dando may have been 'murdered by mistake'
- 3 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 4 Weston to celebrate Pride with style this weekend
- 5 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 6 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 7 Deadline looms for charity funding bids
- 8 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 9 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 10 Funding and inflation behind concerns over Portishead rail project
Alan is now a full-time author and he also illustrated the book.
Angelina Janny Jones and the Lost Norn has been published by Austin Macauley.