New children’s book set in Viking underworld
- Credit: Archant
A Weston author is celebrating success after seeing his first book in print.
Alan Lathan, from Mead Vale, has written Angelina Janny Jones and the Lost Norn – the first in a trilogy.
Alan has been working on the children’s book for 10 years and is delighted it is now on sale.
He said: “It’s my first book but I’ve got four more in the pipeline.
“I’ve had a book in my head for the past 10 years and it took me five years to write it.”
You may also want to watch:
The story is about a 14-year-old girl who is pulled down into the Viking underworld by a Norn.
Angelina has to make her way through an underground water world, where she encounters various creatures which help or hinder her quest to escape the Norn.
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 3 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 4 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 5 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 6 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 7 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 10 Two shops opening for first time next week
Alan is now a full-time author and he also illustrated the book.
Angelina Janny Jones and the Lost Norn has been published by Austin Macauley.