New children’s book set in Viking underworld
- Credit: Archant
A Weston author is celebrating success after seeing his first book in print.
Alan Lathan, from Mead Vale, has written Angelina Janny Jones and the Lost Norn – the first in a trilogy.
Alan has been working on the children’s book for 10 years and is delighted it is now on sale.
He said: “It’s my first book but I’ve got four more in the pipeline.
“I’ve had a book in my head for the past 10 years and it took me five years to write it.”
The story is about a 14-year-old girl who is pulled down into the Viking underworld by a Norn.
Angelina has to make her way through an underground water world, where she encounters various creatures which help or hinder her quest to escape the Norn.
- 1 Dog found in hedge now looking for forever home
- 2 Weston drug dealer jailed for 42 months
- 3 Suspected drug trafficker from Weston named in most wanted campaign
- 4 Man involved in 17-hour stand-off with police in Weston named locally
- 5 Plan for 2,800-home development would see 'Banwell Bypass' built
- 6 Luke Stillwell charged over Turnock Gardens incident
- 7 Sovereign Centre's fridge of free stuff officially opened
- 8 Weston town centre car park closed for 'essential maintenance'
- 9 One quarter of new homes in Haywood Village bought by Bristolians
- 10 17-hour siege at Weston house comes to an end after arrest
Alan is now a full-time author and he also illustrated the book.
Angelina Janny Jones and the Lost Norn has been published by Austin Macauley.