New children’s book set in Viking underworld
- Credit: Archant
A Weston author is celebrating success after seeing his first book in print.
Alan Lathan, from Mead Vale, has written Angelina Janny Jones and the Lost Norn – the first in a trilogy.
Alan has been working on the children’s book for 10 years and is delighted it is now on sale.
He said: “It’s my first book but I’ve got four more in the pipeline.
“I’ve had a book in my head for the past 10 years and it took me five years to write it.”
You may also want to watch:
The story is about a 14-year-old girl who is pulled down into the Viking underworld by a Norn.
Angelina has to make her way through an underground water world, where she encounters various creatures which help or hinder her quest to escape the Norn.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Will garden village be revived?
- 6 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 9 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
Alan is now a full-time author and he also illustrated the book.
Angelina Janny Jones and the Lost Norn has been published by Austin Macauley.