Concert raises £1,000 for Vivienne Boyd
- Credit: WorleWind Band
A Worle band has raised hundreds of pounds in support of one of their own.
The WorleWind Band hosted a pop-up fundraising concert in Weston last week to raise vital funds towards a life-saving surgery.
The band hosted the crowdfunding concert for Martin Boyd’s wife Vivienne who has been stuck on her back since Christmas with a CSF Leak.
The event raised £1,000 for her to visit a specialist centre in Germany, which would cost the family £25,000 for the transport and treatment.
Band member Julia Ractliffe said: “At times, the evening became emotional and the love and support felt towards this wonderful family was felt throughout.
You may also want to watch:
“The church hall at Seventh Day Adventist Church was not large and the band size was reduced to 30 from its normal 60 but all players gave their best for one of the nicest people we know.”
To donate to the cause, visit the JustGiving page.
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 9 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 10 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year