Cleaner Coastlines fun day held on Weston beach
- Credit: Archant
A series of activities were held on Weston beach at the weekend to celebrate the steps taken over the past 12 months to improve the environment.
The Mercury and Weston Chamber of Commerce spearheaded the Cleaner Coastlines campaign in an effort to get people to be more aware about how much plastic they were using.
The initiative was started last October and has seen schools run education sessions and businesses reduce their single-use plastic.
To celebrate, activities for families were organised for Saturday.
These varied from a beach clean to face-painting.
You may also want to watch:
Weston was awarded plastic-free town status in August in recognition of the strides taken by the community under the Cleaner Coastlines campaign.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector