Weston brothel will not re-open at former premises as court order runs out
- Credit: Mark Atherton
A Weston brothel will not reopen in its former location, even though a closure order is no longer in place, police have confirmed.
Magistrates at North Somerset Courthouse ordered Butterfly’s Massage Parlour, in Alexandra Parade, to close in December.
It meant no-one could enter the building for three months, and no-one from Butterfly’s was present in court to contest it.
Time has run out, which means the closure order is no longer in place.
However, an Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman confirmed to the Mercury this week that although the premises had been handed back to the building’s owner, Butterfly’s would not operate from it.
The spokesman said a criminal investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information which could help the investigation should call 101 using the reference number 5217262241.
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
- 5 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 6 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 7 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 8 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Tributes paid to 'caring, loving and funny' 17-year-old who died in collision