Weston brothel will not re-open at former premises as court order runs out
- Credit: Mark Atherton
A Weston brothel will not reopen in its former location, even though a closure order is no longer in place, police have confirmed.
Magistrates at North Somerset Courthouse ordered Butterfly’s Massage Parlour, in Alexandra Parade, to close in December.
It meant no-one could enter the building for three months, and no-one from Butterfly’s was present in court to contest it.
Time has run out, which means the closure order is no longer in place.
However, an Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman confirmed to the Mercury this week that although the premises had been handed back to the building’s owner, Butterfly’s would not operate from it.
The spokesman said a criminal investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information which could help the investigation should call 101 using the reference number 5217262241.
- 1 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 2 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 3 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 4 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 5 Business park to off-set carbon emissions
- 6 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 9 Weston AFC are "looking and expecting" to beat Dorchester Town says Bartlett
- 10 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured