Sovereign Shopping Centre car park to be partly closed for 10 weeks to repair ‘poor condition’
- Credit: Archant
Part of the Sovereign Shopping Centre’s car park will be closed over the next few months to allow for repairs to be carried out.
The car park is one of Weston's busiest, given its proximity to the High Street and seafront.
However, a survey last year revealed work needs to be carried out to the first level.
It highlighted that the asphalt waterproof covering was in poor condition, according to the centre's new manager Jon Walton.
He added: "During the works period the level one car park deck will be closed, however all of the upper floor decks will remain fully accessible to customers.
You may also want to watch:
"The entrance and exit ramps to the car park will be in normal use and a temporary route will be put in place across the level one car park to guide customers to the upper levels."
The works will run for 10 weeks from tomorrow (Monday) until November 8.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 6 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 9 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 10 Teacher wins award for making thousands of NHS masks during Covid
The car valeting service will continue as normal, with the exception of the week commencing September 23.