Sovereign Shopping Centre car park to be partly closed for 10 weeks to repair ‘poor condition’
- Credit: Archant
Part of the Sovereign Shopping Centre’s car park will be closed over the next few months to allow for repairs to be carried out.
The car park is one of Weston's busiest, given its proximity to the High Street and seafront.
However, a survey last year revealed work needs to be carried out to the first level.
It highlighted that the asphalt waterproof covering was in poor condition, according to the centre's new manager Jon Walton.
He added: "During the works period the level one car park deck will be closed, however all of the upper floor decks will remain fully accessible to customers.
You may also want to watch:
"The entrance and exit ramps to the car park will be in normal use and a temporary route will be put in place across the level one car park to guide customers to the upper levels."
The works will run for 10 weeks from tomorrow (Monday) until November 8.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 3 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 4 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 5 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 6 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 7 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 8 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 9 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
The car valeting service will continue as normal, with the exception of the week commencing September 23.