Last chance to enter Weston Carnival’s golden anniversary procession
- Credit: Archant
The application deadline is looming if people want to get involved in Weston Carnival this year.
The procession will celebrate its 50th year of parades in town this November.
Thousands of spectators are set to visit Weston to watch the procession, and applications to take part close on September 1.
The event is part of the Somerset County Guy Fawkes Carnival Association Circuit, which visits other towns across the area, including those in Burnham, Bridgwater and Glastonbury.
Carnival organiser, Terry Gilbert, said: "This year marks a Weston Carnival milestone, which aims to be bigger and better than ever.
You may also want to watch:
"We want as many people as possible to join in the celebrations."
Housebuilder Bellway has donated hi-vis vests to stewards in support of the event.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 6 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 7 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
Around 100 illuminated carts and walking entries will parade through Weston on November 8.