Committee urges businesses and groups to help ‘secure carnival’s future’
- Credit: Nodpics
The 49th Weston Carnival presentation was held in the town on Saturday, and its committee is urging more groups to support it.
The presentation took place at The Grand Atlantic Hotel, in Beach Road, and more funding is needed to ‘secure the carnival for the future.’
Due to torrential rain, donations collected at last year’s procession in November dropped by more than 50 per cent, which has left the committee struggling to run the carnival.
Committee chairman, Nigel Mathewson, said: “A full procession took to the streets last year, amid rumours on social media that it had been cancelled.
“This year is our 50th, since Tom Churton and David Amey brought the event back to the town, and we are inviting new entrants to be involved – especially those from Weston.”
You may also want to watch:
To get involved, contact admin@northsomerset carnival.co.uk or call 01934 629888.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 8 Village's community shop to relocate
- 9 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented