PICTURES: Weston Carnival goes ahead despite rain
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people braved the pouring rain and howling winds to enjoy Weston-super-Mare Carnival last night (Friday).
More than 100 entrants paraded through the town in what is always one of the most eagerly-awaited events in the calendar.
While the bad weather no doubt put some off, the route was still packed with families and onlookers enjoying the procession of brightly-lit carts.
There had been rumours that a weather warning issued by the Met Office would prevent the carnival from running, but organisers pushed ahead and said the show would go on.
The carnival set off from Locking Road Car Park as usual, headed along Alfred Street, The Boulevard and down the seafront.
You may also want to watch:
Loads of stalls were open selling everything from illuminated toys to food feasts.
Town centre roads which were closed for the carnival have now all been reopened.
* Upload your photos to the Weston Mercury’s photography website, iWitness24 by visiting www.weston.iwitness24.co.uk
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'