Road closures for Weston-super-Mare Carnival
PUBLISHED: 18:07 07 November 2018 | UPDATED: 10:42 09 November 2018
Weston Carnival will see more than 80 illuminated carts parade through the streets this Friday.
Thousands of people are expected to watch the procession, which will start at 7.15pm from Locking Road car park.
In order for the carnival to take place, a number of roads will be closed from 6pm to midnight.
The following roads will be closed:
• Francis Fox Way
• Locking Road
• Regent Street
• Alexandra Parade
• Alfred Street
• Baker Street (to Jubilee Road junction) – for emergency access
• Waterloo Street
• South Parade
• Knightstone Road (South Parade to Royal Parade)
• Royal Parade
• Marine Parade
• Beach Road
• Carlton Street
• Walliscote Grove Road
• Walliscote Road (Walliscote Grove Road to Station Road)
• Station Road
• Hildesheim Bridge (parking restrictions on Sunnyside Road North).
North Somerset Council is advising people to move their vehicles from the carnival’s route by 4pm.
There will also be diversions on several First West of England bus routes while the carnival takes place.
These will return to normal at midnight.
The following services will be affected:
• 1 (Sand Bay to Weston)
• 3 (Worle to Searle Crescent)
• 3 (Searle Crescent to Worle)
• 5 (Worle to Hutton Moor Lane)
• 5 (Hutton Moor Lane to Worle)
• 7 (Worle to Oldmixon)
• 7 (Oldmixon to Worle)
• 20 (Weston to Burnham-on-Sea)
• 20 (Burnham to Weston)
• 126 (Weston to Wells)
• 126 (Wells to Weston)
• X1/X2 (Bristol to Weston)
• X1/X2 (Weston to Bristol)
• X5 (Cribbs Causeway to Weston)
• X7 (Bristol Bus Station to Weston)
For more information about bus diversions, click here.