Wedmore 40/30 charity cycle - in pictures
- Credit: Archant
A mass cycling event raised thousands of pounds for a local church and hospice.
Wedmore 40/30 took place on June 16 and saw 184 cyclists ? including 36 children.
Riders were given the opportunity to tackle routes ranging from 12 to 30 miles for an easier challenge and 40 to 70 miles for more experienced cyclists, in a bid to raise money for the Friends of St Mary's Church and Weston Hospicecare.
John Ford, one of the organisers, said: "We have raised £4,500 so far, we've still got sponsorship money coming in.
"This is the second year we've done the event and we're pleased with how it went.
You may also want to watch:
"The weather stayed good throughout the day.
"We even saw more people turn up compared to last year too.
- 1 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 2 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 4 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 7 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 8 GALLERY: Photographers capture springtime snapshots in Weston-super-Mare
- 9 Winscombe gardening business gets Alan Titchmarsh's blessing
- 10 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
"We'd like to thank everyone who supported us including Tout's Budgens, Post & Wicket Bar, Latcham Direct, Griffin Cycles and Neil Tucker."