Wedmore 40/30 charity cycle - in pictures
- Credit: Archant
A mass cycling event raised thousands of pounds for a local church and hospice.
Wedmore 40/30 took place on June 16 and saw 184 cyclists ? including 36 children.
Riders were given the opportunity to tackle routes ranging from 12 to 30 miles for an easier challenge and 40 to 70 miles for more experienced cyclists, in a bid to raise money for the Friends of St Mary's Church and Weston Hospicecare.
John Ford, one of the organisers, said: "We have raised £4,500 so far, we've still got sponsorship money coming in.
"This is the second year we've done the event and we're pleased with how it went.
You may also want to watch:
"The weather stayed good throughout the day.
"We even saw more people turn up compared to last year too.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 5 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 6 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 7 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 8 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 9 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 10 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
"We'd like to thank everyone who supported us including Tout's Budgens, Post & Wicket Bar, Latcham Direct, Griffin Cycles and Neil Tucker."