Open meetings held to discuss homeless centre’s success
- Credit: Sub
Open meetings will be held over the next fortnight to share in the ‘success’ of a centre for Weston’s homeless.
The Weston Night Assessment Centre has asked people to share in its success in two public meetings both this evening (Thursday) and on March 30.
The centre is holding the public meetings from 5-6pm today and then 11am to noon next week for people to see the centre and find out more about how it runs.
People will also be invited to find out more about volunteering opportunities with the charity.
Centre co-ordinator Liona Hurst said: “Our volunteers are the backbone of the centre and play a pivotal role in helping build trusting relationships with our guests.
You may also want to watch:
“Without their care and dedication the centre simply wouldn’t run.
“All our volunteers receive full training and we welcome enquiries from all backgrounds with no experience, just a kind, friendly and warm personality.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 6 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour