Weston-super-Mare choir appeals for new members
- Credit: Rhythmic Reds
A Weston choir has announced it hopes to expand and is searching for new members.
The Rhythmic Reds choir is looking for people who want to sing and have a desire to help others living in Weston and the surrounding areas.
The group sings songs about hope and topics such as the environment and homelessness and mixes more traditional church songs with modern anthems.
Members meet every Monday evening and have managed to raise £500 for the Weston Foodbank since 2017.
There are harmony, soprano, contralto and bass elements in the choir, and it has also raised much-needed cash for Weston’s Samaritans charity.
The group has plans to run a concert this year and potential members must have ‘a love of singing and also of the community.’
If you are interested in becoming a member, contact Annie Higgs at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07711 640714.
- 1 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 2 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 3 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 4 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
- 5 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 6 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 9 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 10 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business