Church raises thousands for Somewhere To Go
- Credit: Sub
A Weston church’s year of fundraising has come to an end after raising more than £6,000 for a local cause.
Our Lady Of Lourdes Church, in Bayree Road, decided to host a year of fundraising to support the town’s homeless people.
Sisi Baker, who was the ‘driving force’ behind the big fundraising effort, presented a cheque for £6,354.49 to Somewhere To Go.
Mel Sarich, from the church, said: “Sisi has been the driving force for our fundraising efforts and has organised all the events including an auction and quiz night.
“Joan Eales from Somewhere To Go was extremely pleased with our donation.
You may also want to watch:
“They very much need to upgrade their facilities so our money will help provide a range cooker in the kitchen which is desperately needed for all the people needing a meal.”
The church also hosted a bingo night and Christmas bazaar to raise the cash.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 3 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 4 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 5 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision