Marathon runner handed hundreds from activity centre
- Credit: Sub
An activity centre in Weston has backed a Weston marathon runner.
Clip N Climb, in Dolphin Square, has donated hundreds of pounds to Lyn Gilbert who completed the London Marathon on April 28.
The climbing company supported her fundraising and have gifted her £384.93 to present to the Bone Cancer Research Trust.
She completed the 26.5-mile course in just over five hours and helped her raise more than £2,700 for the trust and Team Bones.
Team Bones was set up in memory of Mary Collard, an 11-year-old girl from Worle who was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in 2011.
You may also want to watch:
She died on New Year's Day 2012 after a short battle, but her parents Sue and Andy Collard have gone on to raise more than half a million pounds in her memory.
To find out more about Team Bones and the Bone Cancer Research Trust, visit the Mary's Team Bones on Facebook.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic