Marathon runner handed hundreds from activity centre
- Credit: Sub
An activity centre in Weston has backed a Weston marathon runner.
Clip N Climb, in Dolphin Square, has donated hundreds of pounds to Lyn Gilbert who completed the London Marathon on April 28.
The climbing company supported her fundraising and have gifted her £384.93 to present to the Bone Cancer Research Trust.
She completed the 26.5-mile course in just over five hours and helped her raise more than £2,700 for the trust and Team Bones.
Team Bones was set up in memory of Mary Collard, an 11-year-old girl from Worle who was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in 2011.
You may also want to watch:
She died on New Year's Day 2012 after a short battle, but her parents Sue and Andy Collard have gone on to raise more than half a million pounds in her memory.
To find out more about Team Bones and the Bone Cancer Research Trust, visit the Mary's Team Bones on Facebook.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 5 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 8 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Opening date announced for new supermarket