Marathon runner handed hundreds from activity centre
- Credit: Sub
An activity centre in Weston has backed a Weston marathon runner.
Clip N Climb, in Dolphin Square, has donated hundreds of pounds to Lyn Gilbert who completed the London Marathon on April 28.
The climbing company supported her fundraising and have gifted her £384.93 to present to the Bone Cancer Research Trust.
She completed the 26.5-mile course in just over five hours and helped her raise more than £2,700 for the trust and Team Bones.
Team Bones was set up in memory of Mary Collard, an 11-year-old girl from Worle who was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in 2011.
You may also want to watch:
She died on New Year's Day 2012 after a short battle, but her parents Sue and Andy Collard have gone on to raise more than half a million pounds in her memory.
To find out more about Team Bones and the Bone Cancer Research Trust, visit the Mary's Team Bones on Facebook.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity
- 10 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess