MP candidates to debate health at hustings
- Credit: Archant
The candidates standing to be Weston’s next MP will take part in a debate on health later this month.
Protect Our NHS has invited Labour's Tim Taylor, Liberal Democrats' Patrick Keating along with the Green Party candidate Suneil Basu, who was announced on Monday.
John Penrose, who has represented the constituency since 2005 for the Conservatives, will also attend.
Although it has only been two-and-a-half years since the last General Election, the introduction of the Healthy Weston programme by Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group has seen the NHS landscape locally change considerably.
The hustings will be held on November 26 at 7pm at Victoria Methodist Church, in Station Road.
You may also want to watch:
Mercury editor Tom Wright will chair the event.
A spokesman for Protect Our NHS said: "The General Election on December 12 will be the most important vote we will have for the future of our NHS.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 4 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
"Are we heading for a US-style health insurance model or can we retain a health service that remains free at the point of use?"
Questions can be submitted by emailing NSProNHS@gmsil.com