‘Fantastic turnout’ for Weston-super-Mare arts’ community event
- Credit: Archant
Curious people wandered in from Weston’s town centre to take part in Terrestrial’s Make Some Noise! event at the weekend.
A ‘fantastic turnout’ of people played on drum kits, attended mixing classes and watched a laughter therapy show on Saturday.
The event raised money to get the hub, in Weston High Street, up and running for budding artists in the town.
Director at Terrestrial, Tom Spencer, said: “The last few events we hosted have been brilliant. We had a fantastic turnout on the day, and all sorts of different folks came along.
“A whole bunch of young families got involved. Teenagers were there playing music, and we had people visit who were wondering what was going on. We had a wonderful array of activities on offer.”
You may also want to watch:
The community hub is holding a public meeting on April 6 to discuss its future going forward.
For more information, visit: www.terrestrial.org.uk
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 7 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 8 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 9 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend