‘Fantastic turnout’ for Weston-super-Mare arts’ community event
- Credit: Archant
Curious people wandered in from Weston’s town centre to take part in Terrestrial’s Make Some Noise! event at the weekend.
A ‘fantastic turnout’ of people played on drum kits, attended mixing classes and watched a laughter therapy show on Saturday.
The event raised money to get the hub, in Weston High Street, up and running for budding artists in the town.
Director at Terrestrial, Tom Spencer, said: “The last few events we hosted have been brilliant. We had a fantastic turnout on the day, and all sorts of different folks came along.
“A whole bunch of young families got involved. Teenagers were there playing music, and we had people visit who were wondering what was going on. We had a wonderful array of activities on offer.”
You may also want to watch:
The community hub is holding a public meeting on April 6 to discuss its future going forward.
For more information, visit: www.terrestrial.org.uk
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Will garden village be revived?
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple