Icescape fire has caused ‘significant damage’
- Credit: Eddie Bugler
‘Significant damage’ has been caused by a fire at Icescape tonight (Friday), the fire service has said.
Emergency services were called at 5pm after a fire broke out - reportedly at the attraction’s kitchen.
MORE: Fire breaks out at Tropicana.
The ice skating rink is at the Tropicana in Weston-super-Mare.
A fire service spokesman said: “The fire started just after 5pm.
“It was a significant fire so called for six fire engines and a turntable ladder.
You may also want to watch:
“About 100 people were in there at the time and were safely evacuated.
“The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 3 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 6 Weston gymnasts impress on Great Britain duty at European Championships
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 10 Pet store to relocate to new unit
“It’s a temporary structure so it caught fire quite rapidly and caused significant damage.
“The fire was brought under control after 15-20 minutes.”
The Tropicana is owned by North Somerset Council and Cllr Elfan Ap Rees said the main building is ‘OK’.