Icescape fire has caused ‘significant damage’
- Credit: Eddie Bugler
‘Significant damage’ has been caused by a fire at Icescape tonight (Friday), the fire service has said.
Emergency services were called at 5pm after a fire broke out - reportedly at the attraction’s kitchen.
MORE: Fire breaks out at Tropicana.
The ice skating rink is at the Tropicana in Weston-super-Mare.
A fire service spokesman said: “The fire started just after 5pm.
“It was a significant fire so called for six fire engines and a turntable ladder.
You may also want to watch:
“About 100 people were in there at the time and were safely evacuated.
“The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 8 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 9 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
“It’s a temporary structure so it caught fire quite rapidly and caused significant damage.
“The fire was brought under control after 15-20 minutes.”
The Tropicana is owned by North Somerset Council and Cllr Elfan Ap Rees said the main building is ‘OK’.