PHOTOS: Weston Fire Station open day
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of people learned more about Weston’s life-saving services at an open day at the weekend.
Weston Fire Station opened its doors to the public on Sunday, as town’s firefighters offered an insight into their work.
Children were given the chance to don protective equipment, get their hands on hoses and sit at the wheel of a fire engine, and firefighters delivered rescue demonstrations – including one which saw them complete a rescue from a car crash scene.
The fire service also showed off some of its high-tech equipment, including a turntable ladder.
Several other agencies were also in attendance to meet members of the public, including police and RNLI.
People were also able to get up close and personal with search and rescue dogs, which proved a star attraction.
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 3 Spacious residence in exclusive Weston Hillside
- 4 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 5 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 6 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Council finances given auditors' approval
- 10 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash