Pier hosts armed forces weekend from Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s Grand Pier is offering free wristbands to service personnel this weekend.
People who are employed by, or have worked for, a number of national organisations will have the chance to benefit from the scheme as a thank you for their hard work.
Those in the fire and rescue, police, ambulance and air ambulance services can apply, as well as RNLI, NHS employees.
The British Army, Royal Navy, Air Force and Marines personnel including cadets and veterans can also sign-up to the pier's initiative.
Group marketing manager at the pier, Lucy Graham, said: "The emergency services and armed forces play a vital role in protecting us and our country.
You may also want to watch:
"In recognition of their continuous commitment, we are inviting them to a weekend at the Grand Pier in dedication to them, as a small way of saying thank you."
To register for a wristband, visit www.grandpier.co.uk
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 4 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 10 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity