Pier hosts armed forces weekend from Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s Grand Pier is offering free wristbands to service personnel this weekend.
People who are employed by, or have worked for, a number of national organisations will have the chance to benefit from the scheme as a thank you for their hard work.
Those in the fire and rescue, police, ambulance and air ambulance services can apply, as well as RNLI, NHS employees.
The British Army, Royal Navy, Air Force and Marines personnel including cadets and veterans can also sign-up to the pier's initiative.
Group marketing manager at the pier, Lucy Graham, said: "The emergency services and armed forces play a vital role in protecting us and our country.
You may also want to watch:
"In recognition of their continuous commitment, we are inviting them to a weekend at the Grand Pier in dedication to them, as a small way of saying thank you."
To register for a wristband, visit www.grandpier.co.uk
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 School to host outdoor open day
- 10 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters