Pier hosts armed forces weekend from Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s Grand Pier is offering free wristbands to service personnel this weekend.
People who are employed by, or have worked for, a number of national organisations will have the chance to benefit from the scheme as a thank you for their hard work.
Those in the fire and rescue, police, ambulance and air ambulance services can apply, as well as RNLI, NHS employees.
The British Army, Royal Navy, Air Force and Marines personnel including cadets and veterans can also sign-up to the pier's initiative.
Group marketing manager at the pier, Lucy Graham, said: "The emergency services and armed forces play a vital role in protecting us and our country.
You may also want to watch:
"In recognition of their continuous commitment, we are inviting them to a weekend at the Grand Pier in dedication to them, as a small way of saying thank you."
To register for a wristband, visit www.grandpier.co.uk
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 3 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 9 Have your say on new stroke services
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years