‘I-Scream’ machine at Weston pier to celebrate Cadbury Flake anniversary this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Confectionary company Cadbury will bring its I-Scream machine to Weston’s Grand Pier at the weekend, and people can win a free ice cream.
Visitors are encouraged to take part in a challenge, where if they scream '99' loud enough they will win a frozen treat.
Cadbury Flake was developed in 1920, after a company employee created a stream of chocolate with fallen flakes from a production line, which was developed into a smaller bar for ice creams shortly after.
Junior brand manager at Cadbury, Seana Fitzgerald, said: "The company is excited to announce the tour of the I-Scream machine to celebrate 99 years of Cadbury Flake.
"The bar has been a staple favourite for almost 100 years and the company is excited to bring the taste of the Flake to one of Britain's most-loved beach destinations."
You may also want to watch:
The machine will visit the pier, in Marine Parade, on Sunday.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset