‘I-Scream’ machine at Weston pier to celebrate Cadbury Flake anniversary this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Confectionary company Cadbury will bring its I-Scream machine to Weston’s Grand Pier at the weekend, and people can win a free ice cream.
Visitors are encouraged to take part in a challenge, where if they scream '99' loud enough they will win a frozen treat.
Cadbury Flake was developed in 1920, after a company employee created a stream of chocolate with fallen flakes from a production line, which was developed into a smaller bar for ice creams shortly after.
Junior brand manager at Cadbury, Seana Fitzgerald, said: "The company is excited to announce the tour of the I-Scream machine to celebrate 99 years of Cadbury Flake.
"The bar has been a staple favourite for almost 100 years and the company is excited to bring the taste of the Flake to one of Britain's most-loved beach destinations."
You may also want to watch:
The machine will visit the pier, in Marine Parade, on Sunday.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force