‘I-Scream’ machine at Weston pier to celebrate Cadbury Flake anniversary this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Confectionary company Cadbury will bring its I-Scream machine to Weston’s Grand Pier at the weekend, and people can win a free ice cream.
Visitors are encouraged to take part in a challenge, where if they scream '99' loud enough they will win a frozen treat.
Cadbury Flake was developed in 1920, after a company employee created a stream of chocolate with fallen flakes from a production line, which was developed into a smaller bar for ice creams shortly after.
Junior brand manager at Cadbury, Seana Fitzgerald, said: "The company is excited to announce the tour of the I-Scream machine to celebrate 99 years of Cadbury Flake.
"The bar has been a staple favourite for almost 100 years and the company is excited to bring the taste of the Flake to one of Britain's most-loved beach destinations."
You may also want to watch:
The machine will visit the pier, in Marine Parade, on Sunday.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented