Doris celebrates 100th birthday
- Credit: Donna Hill
A Weston woman has celebrated her 100th birthday while in Brean on a caravan holiday.
Doris Neale spent the day socially-distanced surrounded by her loved ones in a place where her family shares fond memories of holidays gone by.
Doris has seven children and more than 40 grandchildren.
Doris’ daughter, Donna Hill, said: “Finely, after 12 months in a care home and being locked down for six months, our mother celebrated her 100th year birthday at Brean.
“Mum had a lovely socially-distanced birthday, and when we were young, this is where we all enjoyed our holidays in a caravan.
You may also want to watch:
“People ask her, what is your secret for looking so young? ‘Hard work - never killed any body’ was her reply. Mum really is my inspiration.”
Doris worked as a cleaner in the evenings and her husband was in the RAR police force.
- 1 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 4 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 5 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 6 Closure of A370 in Weston for improvements
- 7 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 8 Chargeable garden waste collection service begins
- 9 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 10 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre