Doris celebrates 100th birthday
- Credit: Donna Hill
A Weston woman has celebrated her 100th birthday while in Brean on a caravan holiday.
Doris Neale spent the day socially-distanced surrounded by her loved ones in a place where her family shares fond memories of holidays gone by.
Doris has seven children and more than 40 grandchildren.
Doris’ daughter, Donna Hill, said: “Finely, after 12 months in a care home and being locked down for six months, our mother celebrated her 100th year birthday at Brean.
“Mum had a lovely socially-distanced birthday, and when we were young, this is where we all enjoyed our holidays in a caravan.
You may also want to watch:
“People ask her, what is your secret for looking so young? ‘Hard work - never killed any body’ was her reply. Mum really is my inspiration.”
Doris worked as a cleaner in the evenings and her husband was in the RAR police force.
- 1 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 2 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 5 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 6 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3