Doris celebrates 100th birthday
- Credit: Donna Hill
A Weston woman has celebrated her 100th birthday while in Brean on a caravan holiday.
Doris Neale spent the day socially-distanced surrounded by her loved ones in a place where her family shares fond memories of holidays gone by.
Doris has seven children and more than 40 grandchildren.
Doris’ daughter, Donna Hill, said: “Finely, after 12 months in a care home and being locked down for six months, our mother celebrated her 100th year birthday at Brean.
“Mum had a lovely socially-distanced birthday, and when we were young, this is where we all enjoyed our holidays in a caravan.
You may also want to watch:
“People ask her, what is your secret for looking so young? ‘Hard work - never killed any body’ was her reply. Mum really is my inspiration.”
Doris worked as a cleaner in the evenings and her husband was in the RAR police force.
- 1 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 2 Crews tackle large fire at Burnham-on-Sea pier
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 8 Artist creates giant image of band on Brean beach
- 9 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 10 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch