Sports, arts and community projects could win share of £100k pot
- Credit: Archant
Groups working with teenagers and children in Weston could win a share of £100,000 to support sports, education, arts and health.
Persimmon Homes has launched its Building Futures programme in partnership with Team GB, the British Olympic Association.
This year’s scheme is aimed at community projects for under-18s such as grassroots sports groups, arts and education projects and community groups helping people with physical and mental health issues.
A total of 128 grants of £1,000 will be awarded across 32 regional businesses and three initiatives will go on to win £100,000 through a national public vote.
In each sector – sport, education, arts and health – a first prize of £100,000, a second prize of £50,000 and a third prize of £20,000 will be given out, while a further 87 shortlisted projects will receive £5,000.
To apply, visit www.persimmonhomes.com/charity
- 1 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 2 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 3 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 4 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 5 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 6 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 7 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 8 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 9 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 10 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask