Weston choir raises hundreds for hospice
- Credit: Sub
A Weston choir group presented a cheque for hundreds of pounds to charity.
The Eclectic Voices hosted its spring concert on May 10 at St Nicholas Church, in Uphill.
Then Mayor of Weston Mike Lyall and his wife were attended the event, which raised £500 for Weston Hospicecare.
The choir performed to a packed out venue with more than 100 people listening.
Choir chairman, Charlotte House, was pleased with how well the event had gone.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "The concert was a fantastic success, attended by more than 100 people who went away most impressed by the quality of the singing for such a new choir.
"Our musical director John Johnson was very proud of us."
- 1 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 10 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
The group, which formed in September, rehearses every Thursday night at Priory Community School in Worle from 7.30-9.30pm.
The cheque was presented to the hospice on May 31.