Weston choir raises hundreds for hospice
- Credit: Sub
A Weston choir group presented a cheque for hundreds of pounds to charity.
The Eclectic Voices hosted its spring concert on May 10 at St Nicholas Church, in Uphill.
Then Mayor of Weston Mike Lyall and his wife were attended the event, which raised £500 for Weston Hospicecare.
The choir performed to a packed out venue with more than 100 people listening.
Choir chairman, Charlotte House, was pleased with how well the event had gone.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "The concert was a fantastic success, attended by more than 100 people who went away most impressed by the quality of the singing for such a new choir.
"Our musical director John Johnson was very proud of us."
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 4 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 9 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 10 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
The group, which formed in September, rehearses every Thursday night at Priory Community School in Worle from 7.30-9.30pm.
The cheque was presented to the hospice on May 31.