Weston Lions cancels Go Kids Go!
- Credit: Archant
Weston Lions has announced its joint project with the Mercury, Go Kids Go!, has been cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak.
The joint venture which promotes exercise for young people and children has raised more than £75,000 for youth clubs and charities since the scheme was launched in 2012.
Weston Lions spokesman, Malcolm Timmis, said: “Many, many children have benefitted from the scheme, and your support has been absolutely crucial to this success, without it the project would never have taken off.
“It will come as no surprise that, with the current situation, the event has been, reluctantly, cancelled.
“We do hope that when life returns to normal we will be able to run the project again.
“We very much hope we will be able to come back to you for that vital support.
“Thanking you for your past help and for that to come. We hope you and your loved ones come through this crisis unscathed.”
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 3 Spacious residence in exclusive Weston Hillside
- 4 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 5 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 6 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Council finances given auditors' approval
- 10 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash