Weston Lions cancels Go Kids Go!
- Credit: Archant
Weston Lions has announced its joint project with the Mercury, Go Kids Go!, has been cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak.
The joint venture which promotes exercise for young people and children has raised more than £75,000 for youth clubs and charities since the scheme was launched in 2012.
Weston Lions spokesman, Malcolm Timmis, said: “Many, many children have benefitted from the scheme, and your support has been absolutely crucial to this success, without it the project would never have taken off.
“It will come as no surprise that, with the current situation, the event has been, reluctantly, cancelled.
“We do hope that when life returns to normal we will be able to run the project again.
You may also want to watch:
“We very much hope we will be able to come back to you for that vital support.
“Thanking you for your past help and for that to come. We hope you and your loved ones come through this crisis unscathed.”
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 6 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 7 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 New leadership team for charity