Weston Lions cancels Go Kids Go!
- Credit: Archant
Weston Lions has announced its joint project with the Mercury, Go Kids Go!, has been cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak.
The joint venture which promotes exercise for young people and children has raised more than £75,000 for youth clubs and charities since the scheme was launched in 2012.
Weston Lions spokesman, Malcolm Timmis, said: “Many, many children have benefitted from the scheme, and your support has been absolutely crucial to this success, without it the project would never have taken off.
“It will come as no surprise that, with the current situation, the event has been, reluctantly, cancelled.
“We do hope that when life returns to normal we will be able to run the project again.
You may also want to watch:
“We very much hope we will be able to come back to you for that vital support.
“Thanking you for your past help and for that to come. We hope you and your loved ones come through this crisis unscathed.”
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown