IN PICTURES: Weston Lions Club’s real ale festival a success once again
- Credit: Archant
One of Weston’s most successful ale festivals to date took place over the weekend with thousands of pounds and pints raised
Weston Lions Club hosted its annual real ale and cider festival over the weekend with hundreds of people descending on the Beach Lawns to enjoy a cheeky tipple.
The festival started on Friday and ran until Sunday afternoon, with more than 100 ales and ciders from around the South West going down a treat.
People enjoyed trying the very best local brews while listening to music from Somerset bands and dancing the night away.
Malcolm Timmis, of the lions club, said: "Figures are showing we took around £80,000 over the two main days - Friday and Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
"It is the most successful festival to date and more cider was sold than beer this year."
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab