Businesses wanted to help support youth clubs in Go Kids Go!
- Credit: Archant
A charity organisation is calling on businesses to back its appeal to get children more active in society.
Weston Lions Club has once again teamed up with the Mercury to offer people the chance to win grants of up to £2,000 to benefit the young people of their clubs, organisations or groups.
Fewer businesses have pledged cash to this year's Go Kids Go!, leading to a total pot of £8,500 to be distributed.
The Lions is calling on other businesses to join their scheme with donations of £100-£1,000 or above to help children get back into sport or other activities like theatre and art in the community.
To register an interest, email Malcolm Timmis at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
To enter your organisation into Go Kids Go!, visit www.westonmercury.co.uk or pick up a copy of the application form from the Mercury office in Waterloo Street.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity
- 10 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess