Businesses wanted to help support youth clubs in Go Kids Go!
- Credit: Archant
A charity organisation is calling on businesses to back its appeal to get children more active in society.
Weston Lions Club has once again teamed up with the Mercury to offer people the chance to win grants of up to £2,000 to benefit the young people of their clubs, organisations or groups.
Fewer businesses have pledged cash to this year's Go Kids Go!, leading to a total pot of £8,500 to be distributed.
The Lions is calling on other businesses to join their scheme with donations of £100-£1,000 or above to help children get back into sport or other activities like theatre and art in the community.
To register an interest, email Malcolm Timmis at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
To enter your organisation into Go Kids Go!, visit www.westonmercury.co.uk or pick up a copy of the application form from the Mercury office in Waterloo Street.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 5 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 6 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 7 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years