Police make arrest after finding stolen items on social media
- Credit: Avon and Somerset police
A Weston-super-Mare man has been arrested on suspicion of burglary after police discovered stolen items on Facebook.
Avon and Somerset police uncovered a number of motocross helmets, trousers and body armour on the social media site on Friday.
The items had been reported as stolen from a property in Birnbeck Road, in Weston.
A 26-year-old man was arrested yesterday (Tuesday) after undercover officers met with him to 'buy' the items.
He has since been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
The stolen items have been returned to the original owner.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Former pupils become teachers