Police make arrest after finding stolen items on social media
- Credit: Avon and Somerset police
A Weston-super-Mare man has been arrested on suspicion of burglary after police discovered stolen items on Facebook.
Avon and Somerset police uncovered a number of motocross helmets, trousers and body armour on the social media site on Friday.
The items had been reported as stolen from a property in Birnbeck Road, in Weston.
A 26-year-old man was arrested yesterday (Tuesday) after undercover officers met with him to 'buy' the items.
He has since been released under investigation.
The stolen items have been returned to the original owner.
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 3 Spacious residence in exclusive Weston Hillside
- 4 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 5 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 6 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Council finances given auditors' approval
- 10 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash