Weston assessment centre appeals for essential items
- Credit: Eleanor Young
The night assessment centre in Weston is appealing essential items including long life milk, toilet rolls and ready meals.
The centre, in Boulevard, is asking members of the public if they could help with the items because they are struggling due to supermarket demand.
They need washing powder, coffee, sugar, long life milk, toilet roll, ready meals, pot noodles, bread, cereal bars, snacks and sandwich fillings.
The centre is also in need of volunteers during this time. Training will be given to all who can spare a night or two helping the most vulnerable in society.
A spokesman for the night assessment centre said: “We know that these items may be difficult during this time, but any help would be really appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
“Due to supermarket demand at the moment, we are struggling to get some essential items at Somewhere to Go.”
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/WestonNightAssessmentCentre
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 10 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter