Weston assessment centre appeals for essential items
- Credit: Eleanor Young
The night assessment centre in Weston is appealing essential items including long life milk, toilet rolls and ready meals.
The centre, in Boulevard, is asking members of the public if they could help with the items because they are struggling due to supermarket demand.
They need washing powder, coffee, sugar, long life milk, toilet roll, ready meals, pot noodles, bread, cereal bars, snacks and sandwich fillings.
The centre is also in need of volunteers during this time. Training will be given to all who can spare a night or two helping the most vulnerable in society.
A spokesman for the night assessment centre said: “We know that these items may be difficult during this time, but any help would be really appreciated.
“Due to supermarket demand at the moment, we are struggling to get some essential items at Somewhere to Go.”
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/WestonNightAssessmentCentre
- 1 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 4 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 5 Charity ball raises thousands for Cancer Research
- 6 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 7 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 8 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston RAF Association to host Cooking with Heroes book launch