Weston assessment centre appeals for essential items
- Credit: Eleanor Young
The night assessment centre in Weston is appealing essential items including long life milk, toilet rolls and ready meals.
The centre, in Boulevard, is asking members of the public if they could help with the items because they are struggling due to supermarket demand.
They need washing powder, coffee, sugar, long life milk, toilet roll, ready meals, pot noodles, bread, cereal bars, snacks and sandwich fillings.
The centre is also in need of volunteers during this time. Training will be given to all who can spare a night or two helping the most vulnerable in society.
A spokesman for the night assessment centre said: “We know that these items may be difficult during this time, but any help would be really appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
“Due to supermarket demand at the moment, we are struggling to get some essential items at Somewhere to Go.”
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/WestonNightAssessmentCentre
- 1 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 4 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 5 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 6 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 7 Closure of A370 in Weston for improvements
- 8 Chargeable garden waste collection service begins
- 9 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 10 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre