Weston assessment centre appeals for essential items
- Credit: Eleanor Young
The night assessment centre in Weston is appealing essential items including long life milk, toilet rolls and ready meals.
The centre, in Boulevard, is asking members of the public if they could help with the items because they are struggling due to supermarket demand.
They need washing powder, coffee, sugar, long life milk, toilet roll, ready meals, pot noodles, bread, cereal bars, snacks and sandwich fillings.
The centre is also in need of volunteers during this time. Training will be given to all who can spare a night or two helping the most vulnerable in society.
A spokesman for the night assessment centre said: “We know that these items may be difficult during this time, but any help would be really appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
“Due to supermarket demand at the moment, we are struggling to get some essential items at Somewhere to Go.”
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/WestonNightAssessmentCentre
- 1 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 2 Crews tackle large fire at Burnham-on-Sea pier
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 5 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 6 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 7 Artist creates giant image of band on Brean beach
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset