Weston pair brave the shave in memory of mums
- Credit: Sub
Two kind-hearted people braved the shave in honour of their Weston mums.
Senior care assistant Sue Barden and resident Martin Undery from Beach Lawns Residential and Nursing Home, in Beach Road, took part in a sponsored head shave to raise important cash for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Residents, staff, family and friends gathered to support the pair who did it in memory of their mums who both died with cancer.
The shave raised more than £1,000 for the charity.
Sue, who has worked at the home for more than 12 years, said: “I did it for my mum. She passed away a long time ago now.
“I miss her still and when she was poorly she was so afraid of losing her hair, so I wanted to prove to her still that it is no big deal.
“She was my very best friend, who is always in my heart and thoughts.”
- 1 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 2 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 3 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 4 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 5 John Crockford-Hawley column: A Bridge Too Far?
- 6 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 7 Charity farm commits to supporting people in need
- 8 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 9 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 10 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'
Martin said he was ‘very proud’ to have gone ahead with the shave.