X Factor stars to headline at Weston Pride 2019
- Credit: Sub
Two X Factor stars will headline at this year’s Weston Pride in Grove Park.
The High Street park will once again be a flurry of colour, flags and glitter as the town celebrates LGBT+ rights as well as the 50th anniversary since the Stonewall Riots.
The event organisers have done their best to bring top names to this year’s show, with a mix of local artists and star-studded names expected to perform.
Amelia Lily will wow the crowds at Saturday’s show as the headline act while Saara Aalto will take her turn at centre stage on Sunday.
Lily came third in the 2011 season of X Factor after capturing the nation’s hearts with her wonderful voice.
You may also want to watch:
She went on to have a number of hit singles with You Bring Me Joy and Party Over.
Her debut single reached number two in the UK Singles Chart while her follow-up track Shut Up (And Give Me Whatever You Got) charted at number 11.
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
Lily starred as Whatshername in American Idiot – The Musical before broadening her musical horizons as Princess Fiona in Shrek, dazzling audiences around the country.
She then returned to reality TV as the runner-up in Celebrity Big Brother.
Another famous face to take to the Weston park’s stage is Saara Aalto – most recently seen on ITV’s Dancing On Ice.
The flamboyant singer and songwriter came runner-up in the UK X Factor after seeking success beyond her homeland of Finland.
In 2017, she took her voice on the road and performed a sell-out tour around the UK and represented Finland in the Eurovision Song Contest, performing in front of 300,000 people.
Weston Pride will also keep close to its roots with local music legends also taking to the stage.
Adam and Alex Lipinski will return to Pride for the second year in a row.
Local girl Kelly Griggs was recently picked up by X Factor winner Sam Bailey to support her on her UK tour and is setting her sights on the big time.
Weston Pride will be held at Grove Park, in High Street, from July 27-28 with festivities starting at noon on the Saturday.
Tickets, priced from £3, are available from www.wsmpride.com or from the Proud Bar, in Boulevard.