Weston’s Race For Life event - in pictures
- Credit: Archant
For the first time, men in Weston were invited to join women and children in the biggest cancer fundraising event.
People pounded the pavements last night (Wednesday) for Cancer Research UK's Race For Life 5km.
Men were among the 950 runners who embraced the pink as they took part in the fight to beat cancer.
Racers took in the beautiful views of Weston's seafront as they ran past the Grand Pier and along the promenade.
Area event manager, Vicki Turner, said: "The atmosphere was electric and emotional.
You may also want to watch:
"It was good to see families running together.
"We also had groups of men who were wearing pink - it was brilliant.
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 6 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
"The turn out was fantastic, we look forward to it again next year."
Race For Life is run by Cancer Research UK and has raised nearly £500million towards beating cancer over the past 25 years.