Weston’s Race For Life event - in pictures
- Credit: Archant
For the first time, men in Weston were invited to join women and children in the biggest cancer fundraising event.
People pounded the pavements last night (Wednesday) for Cancer Research UK's Race For Life 5km.
Men were among the 950 runners who embraced the pink as they took part in the fight to beat cancer.
Racers took in the beautiful views of Weston's seafront as they ran past the Grand Pier and along the promenade.
Area event manager, Vicki Turner, said: "The atmosphere was electric and emotional.
You may also want to watch:
"It was good to see families running together.
"We also had groups of men who were wearing pink - it was brilliant.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 4 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 5 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 8 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 9 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 10 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
"The turn out was fantastic, we look forward to it again next year."
Race For Life is run by Cancer Research UK and has raised nearly £500million towards beating cancer over the past 25 years.