Weston’s Race For Life event - in pictures
- Credit: Archant
For the first time, men in Weston were invited to join women and children in the biggest cancer fundraising event.
People pounded the pavements last night (Wednesday) for Cancer Research UK's Race For Life 5km.
Men were among the 950 runners who embraced the pink as they took part in the fight to beat cancer.
Racers took in the beautiful views of Weston's seafront as they ran past the Grand Pier and along the promenade.
Area event manager, Vicki Turner, said: "The atmosphere was electric and emotional.
You may also want to watch:
"It was good to see families running together.
"We also had groups of men who were wearing pink - it was brilliant.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Former pupils become teachers
"The turn out was fantastic, we look forward to it again next year."
Race For Life is run by Cancer Research UK and has raised nearly £500million towards beating cancer over the past 25 years.