Weston rated one of the most welcoming destinations for holidaymakers
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare has been rated as one of the UK’s top ten most welcoming destinations by tourists.
The seaside town was ranked eighth by users of the Booking.com website – finishing above Inverness and Portree.
Stirling, Stornaway and Weymouth make up the top three, followed by Perth, Blackpool, Paignton and Harrogate.
Booking.com awarded its accommodation partners which consistently deliver great guest experiences.
More than 750,000 properties across 219 countries and territories were honoured – with the UK coming in seventh for the number of properties awarded.
You may also want to watch:
The bed and breakfast was crowned as the UK’s most welcoming property type, with the guest house coming second.
Vermeulen, from Booking.com’s said: “With these awards, we celebrate and thank all of the amazing accommodation providers who create special travel experiences for our customers on a daily basis.”
- 1 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare