Weston rated one of the most welcoming destinations for holidaymakers
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare has been rated as one of the UK’s top ten most welcoming destinations by tourists.
The seaside town was ranked eighth by users of the Booking.com website – finishing above Inverness and Portree.
Stirling, Stornaway and Weymouth make up the top three, followed by Perth, Blackpool, Paignton and Harrogate.
Booking.com awarded its accommodation partners which consistently deliver great guest experiences.
More than 750,000 properties across 219 countries and territories were honoured – with the UK coming in seventh for the number of properties awarded.
You may also want to watch:
The bed and breakfast was crowned as the UK’s most welcoming property type, with the guest house coming second.
Vermeulen, from Booking.com’s said: “With these awards, we celebrate and thank all of the amazing accommodation providers who create special travel experiences for our customers on a daily basis.”
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple