RNLI to hold Burns Night fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Bagpipes will give party-goers a warm Scottish welcome at the RNLI’s annual Burns Night celebration.
Tartan dress will be worn and haggis will be served as part of the evening as people sit down to enjoy a three-course meal to raise money for Weston’s RNLI.
Tickets are still on sale to enjoy the traditional celebration at Weston’s Commodore Hotel, in Beach Road, next week on January 26.
The party, which will start at 6pm, is a black-tie event and guests will be entertained by the Lipinski Brothers.
Burns Night celebrates the life and poetry of the poet Robert Burns, the author of many Scots poems.
You may also want to watch:
They are traditionally held on or near his birthday on January 25.
Money raised will go to the RNLI, which is collecting money to build a new lifeboat station near Marine Lake, to replace its temporary base.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
Tickets, priced £27.50, are available to buy from Mo Tyson on 01934 513245.