RNLI to hold Burns Night fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Bagpipes will give party-goers a warm Scottish welcome at the RNLI’s annual Burns Night celebration.
Tartan dress will be worn and haggis will be served as part of the evening as people sit down to enjoy a three-course meal to raise money for Weston’s RNLI.
Tickets are still on sale to enjoy the traditional celebration at Weston’s Commodore Hotel, in Beach Road, next week on January 26.
The party, which will start at 6pm, is a black-tie event and guests will be entertained by the Lipinski Brothers.
Burns Night celebrates the life and poetry of the poet Robert Burns, the author of many Scots poems.
They are traditionally held on or near his birthday on January 25.
Money raised will go to the RNLI, which is collecting money to build a new lifeboat station near Marine Lake, to replace its temporary base.
- 1 Thugs targeted elderly couple's motorhome as they slept during Weston Air Show
- 2 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 3 Forest school 'like no other' is helping change the lives of children
- 4 Vegan cafe opens in Grove Park
- 5 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 6 Rail workers stage walkout in Weston for better working conditions and job security
- 7 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 8 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 9 COUNCIL COLUMN: 'Creating the best communities we can...'
- 10 Land near railway station could be sold for housing
Tickets, priced £27.50, are available to buy from Mo Tyson on 01934 513245.