RNLI to hold Burns Night fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Bagpipes will give party-goers a warm Scottish welcome at the RNLI’s annual Burns Night celebration.
Tartan dress will be worn and haggis will be served as part of the evening as people sit down to enjoy a three-course meal to raise money for Weston’s RNLI.
Tickets are still on sale to enjoy the traditional celebration at Weston’s Commodore Hotel, in Beach Road, next week on January 26.
The party, which will start at 6pm, is a black-tie event and guests will be entertained by the Lipinski Brothers.
Burns Night celebrates the life and poetry of the poet Robert Burns, the author of many Scots poems.
They are traditionally held on or near his birthday on January 25.
Money raised will go to the RNLI, which is collecting money to build a new lifeboat station near Marine Lake, to replace its temporary base.
- 1 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 2 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 3 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 4 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 5 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 6 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 7 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Somerset MP defends PM attending Downing Street 'party' after 'busy day'
- 10 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
Tickets, priced £27.50, are available to buy from Mo Tyson on 01934 513245.