RNLI to hold Burns Night fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Bagpipes will give party-goers a warm Scottish welcome at the RNLI’s annual Burns Night celebration.
Tartan dress will be worn and haggis will be served as part of the evening as people sit down to enjoy a three-course meal to raise money for Weston’s RNLI.
Tickets are still on sale to enjoy the traditional celebration at Weston’s Commodore Hotel, in Beach Road, next week on January 26.
The party, which will start at 6pm, is a black-tie event and guests will be entertained by the Lipinski Brothers.
Burns Night celebrates the life and poetry of the poet Robert Burns, the author of many Scots poems.
You may also want to watch:
They are traditionally held on or near his birthday on January 25.
Money raised will go to the RNLI, which is collecting money to build a new lifeboat station near Marine Lake, to replace its temporary base.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 9 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
Tickets, priced £27.50, are available to buy from Mo Tyson on 01934 513245.