What royal wedding events are taking place in Weston-super-Mare this weekend?
PUBLISHED: 13:00 18 May 2018
The royal wedding between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will take place on Saturday and events to mark the occasion are planned.
• Celebrations will start tonight (Friday), with a social dance at the Winter Gardens Pavilion.
It will involve ballroom, Latin and sequence dances, and tickets, priced £10, can be bought from www.eventbrite.co.uk by searching for ‘pre-royal wedding dance’.
• Weston Museum, in Burlington Street, will screen the wedding in its courtyard. Entry is free and the café will serve refreshments. Royal reminiscence objects will also be available to view.
• The Grand Pier will host a party on Saturday, with Pimm’s, prosecco, strawberries and cream available from 10am-5pm.
The wedding will be shown in the conservatory, and free tickets should be booked at www.grandpier.co.uk
• A high tea and quiz will take place at Worle Community Centre, in Lawrence Road, on Saturday from 4.30-7.30pm. Tickets, priced £5, can be bought from the centre tomorrow from 9am to noon, or from Anne Skinner on 07399 576786.
• Acer House Care Home, in Milton Road, Weston, will hold a tea party from 11am-3pm. To confirm your attendance, search for the event on Facebook via the care home’s page.
• Celebrations will also be held in Yatton, where people can take along a picnic to the green, off Church Road, and ideally wear red, white and blue. Weather permitting, it will start at 1.15pm.
• The Brewers Arms, in Church Street, Banwell, will host afternoon tea at 11am. It is free, but donations are requested for Banwell Buddies. There will be a raffle and bouncy castle. • Loves Café in West Street will host a Musicians Against Homeless event on Sunday, headlined by Alex Lipinski. Doors open at 6.30pm and tickets, priced £5, can be bought at www.lovesweston.co.uk
Share your pictures on our iwitness24 site.