What royal wedding events are taking place in Weston-super-Mare this weekend?
PUBLISHED: 13:00 18 May 2018
The royal wedding between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will take place on Saturday and events to mark the occasion are planned.
• Celebrations will start tonight (Friday), with a social dance at the Winter Gardens Pavilion.
It will involve ballroom, Latin and sequence dances, and tickets, priced £10, can be bought from www.eventbrite.co.uk by searching for ‘pre-royal wedding dance’.
• Weston Museum, in Burlington Street, will screen the wedding in its courtyard. Entry is free and the café will serve refreshments. Royal reminiscence objects will also be available to view.
• The Grand Pier will host a party on Saturday, with Pimm’s, prosecco, strawberries and cream available from 10am-5pm.
The wedding will be shown in the conservatory, and free tickets should be booked at www.grandpier.co.uk
• A high tea and quiz will take place at Worle Community Centre, in Lawrence Road, on Saturday from 4.30-7.30pm. Tickets, priced £5, can be bought from the centre tomorrow from 9am to noon, or from Anne Skinner on 07399 576786.
• Acer House Care Home, in Milton Road, Weston, will hold a tea party from 11am-3pm. To confirm your attendance, search for the event on Facebook via the care home’s page.
• Celebrations will also be held in Yatton, where people can take along a picnic to the green, off Church Road, and ideally wear red, white and blue. Weather permitting, it will start at 1.15pm.
• The Brewers Arms, in Church Street, Banwell, will host afternoon tea at 11am. It is free, but donations are requested for Banwell Buddies. There will be a raffle and bouncy castle. • Loves Café in West Street will host a Musicians Against Homeless event on Sunday, headlined by Alex Lipinski. Doors open at 6.30pm and tickets, priced £5, can be bought at www.lovesweston.co.uk
Share your pictures on our iwitness24 site.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.