New houses for Weston-super-Mare to be discussed tonight
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans to build more than 50 homes in Weston have been given the green light by North Somerset Council.
The designs for the three and four bed homes will be on display at a public meeting today (Thursday).
Lovell has gained permission to develop Keepers Gate in Wentwood Road on the Oldmixon estate.
It plans to break ground on the development this month.
A spokesman said: “We are keen to keep our local residents, informed at all stages during this development and would therefore like to invite everyone along to our community information event.”
People will be able to talk to the developers, ask questions and look at the plans from 4-6.30pm at Bleadon’s youth club, in Coronation Road.
Hundreds of homes have already been earmarked for Weston in Locking Road car park and opposite Dolphin Square.
- 1 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 2 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 3 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 4 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 5 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 6 John Crockford-Hawley column: A Bridge Too Far?
- 7 PICTURES: Activists march to end violence against women
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 10 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'
The plans can also be viewed online by logging on to www.lovell.co.uk