Abbie to run London Marathon for Crimestoppers
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s Abbie Elkins hopes to raise thousands of pounds for charity when she takes in the sights and sounds of the streets of the capital at the weekend.
The 27-year-old will endure the London Marathon in aid of Crimestoppers on Sunday, having already accrued donations in excess of £2,500.
Abbie is a long-serving member of Weston Operatic Society, and is taking on the race as one of her ‘30 before 30’ challenges.
She said: “Crimestoppers is dedicated to giving a voice to anyone who finds it difficult to speaking out publicly and after being a victim of crime myself I feel this ethos is so important.
“It wants people to feel safe and they are committed to making communities safer together.”
You may also want to watch:
Abbie thanked the operatic society, Noszkay Boutique and the New Viceroy for their support.
To donate, log on to uk.virginmoneygiving.com/AbbieElkins11
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 3 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 9 Have your say on new stroke services
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years