Abbie to run London Marathon for Crimestoppers
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s Abbie Elkins hopes to raise thousands of pounds for charity when she takes in the sights and sounds of the streets of the capital at the weekend.
The 27-year-old will endure the London Marathon in aid of Crimestoppers on Sunday, having already accrued donations in excess of £2,500.
Abbie is a long-serving member of Weston Operatic Society, and is taking on the race as one of her ‘30 before 30’ challenges.
She said: “Crimestoppers is dedicated to giving a voice to anyone who finds it difficult to speaking out publicly and after being a victim of crime myself I feel this ethos is so important.
“It wants people to feel safe and they are committed to making communities safer together.”
Abbie thanked the operatic society, Noszkay Boutique and the New Viceroy for their support.
To donate, log on to uk.virginmoneygiving.com/AbbieElkins11
- 1 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 2 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 3 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 4 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 5 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 6 John Crockford-Hawley column: A Bridge Too Far?
- 7 PICTURES: Activists march to end violence against women
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Charity farm commits to supporting people in need
- 10 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity