Abbie to run London Marathon for Crimestoppers
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s Abbie Elkins hopes to raise thousands of pounds for charity when she takes in the sights and sounds of the streets of the capital at the weekend.
The 27-year-old will endure the London Marathon in aid of Crimestoppers on Sunday, having already accrued donations in excess of £2,500.
Abbie is a long-serving member of Weston Operatic Society, and is taking on the race as one of her ‘30 before 30’ challenges.
She said: “Crimestoppers is dedicated to giving a voice to anyone who finds it difficult to speaking out publicly and after being a victim of crime myself I feel this ethos is so important.
“It wants people to feel safe and they are committed to making communities safer together.”
You may also want to watch:
Abbie thanked the operatic society, Noszkay Boutique and the New Viceroy for their support.
To donate, log on to uk.virginmoneygiving.com/AbbieElkins11
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Former pupils become teachers