Popular dog show returns to Weston this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A popular dog show is set to return to Weston’s Beach Lawns this weekend.
The annual event routinely sees dozens of dogs and owners compete each year, and awards for best puppy and happiest rescue dog will be up for grabs.
Show classes on Sunday will also include healthiest and most obedient dog, plus best young handler and judge's choice.
Pugs, Newfoundlands and Labradors are known to compete for accolades and the show is run by the RSPCA's North Somerset branch in Brent Knoll.
The event has raised thousands for the charity, which works to prevent cruelty to animals.
The RSPCA rescued more than 102,000 animals last year and the Brent Knoll animal centre works to care for up to 44 cats and 63 dogs.
Entries for the dog show will start at 11am and the event will run until 4pm.
- 1 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 2 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
- 3 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 4 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Haywood Village set for historic first-ever Jubilee celebration
- 7 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 8 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 9 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
- 10 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
For more information, visit www.rspca.org.uk/local/north-somerset-branch