IN PICTURES: Weston’s first eat:Vegan festival is a success
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people ventured to Weston’s town centre on Saturday to sample delicious vegan dishes.
The team behind eat:Weston celebrated their first vegan food festival as more than 6,000 people visited the Winter Gardens Pavilion.
More than 60 producers, both newcomers and eat:Festival regulars, offered up their very best dishes.
The organisers also teamed up with Thatchers and The Wine Shop, in Winscombe, to offer a mini wine and tasting festival at Lasseter’s.
Co-organiser Bev Milner Simonds said: “We have always billed this festival as ‘an awesome food and drink festival which happened to be vegan’ and we think we delivered on that.
“By not having lobby groups or charities it meant those who wanted to know more about a plant-based diet can ask questions without being judged or scared off.”
- 1 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 2 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 3 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 4 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 5 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 6 John Crockford-Hawley column: A Bridge Too Far?
- 7 PICTURES: Activists march to end violence against women
- 8 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 9 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 10 Spacious residence in exclusive Weston Hillside