Weston-super-Mare High Street store supports homeless outreach project
- Credit: Sub
An outdoor retailer has donated essential supplies to a homeless outreach project run by a youth group.
Mountain Warehouse, based in Weston’s High Street, has donated a wide range of products to the Eagles Non-Profit, who have just launched their new project in Weston – the Eagles Homeless Outreach.
Multiple coats, trousers and other essential items were donated to the group, who have since distributed them to people living on the streets.
The Eagles has been working closely with Feed The Homeless Weston to ensure the items were donated to people most in need.
The outreach programme has plans to spread across the South West, teaming up with organisations such as Winter Warmth and Somewhere To Go.
You may also want to watch:
Programme leader, Josh Bell, said: “We’d like to thank Mountain Warehouse for their kind donation and support of our project.”
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 6 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 10 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district