Weston-super-Mare seafront road to close next week
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Weston’s seafront will play host to a one-day private event next week.
Safety equipment will be tested along a stretch of the coastal route between Royal Sands and Carlton Street on Wednesday.
The road will be closed by North Somerset Council from 7.30pm on Tuesday until 7.30am on February 14.
Pedestrians will still be able to access these areas, apart from the promenade between Royal Sands and the SeaQuarium from 2-10pm on the day of the event.
The organisers needed a length of road to carry out vehicle and equipment demonstrations and the seafront fitted their brief.
There will be several signs in place and staff on hand to help.
The Bay Café at the Tropicana and the refreshment kiosk opposite the junction with Clifton Road will be closed all day.
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 3 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 4 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 5 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 6 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 7 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
At 7.30pm on Wednesday, the lights along Marine Parade will be turned off for the demonstrations.