Weston-super-Mare sports clubs raise £700 through event
- Credit: Archant
Sports clubs in Weston-super-Mare raised £715 through the town’s Grand Pier rewind event.
Five clubs took part in selling tickets for the event and for each sold the money was spilt equally with sports groups involved in Weston.
Worle Football Club and Weston RFC Juniors were among those taking part and the fundraiser saw the town’s Crusaders group raise £440.
The money raised will now go towards equipment, projects and activities at the clubs.
Director of Weston’s Rugby Club, Mark Philp, said: “The cash-back on ticket sales is a great initiative and allowed us to raise £190 in funds for our club.
“We had a fantastic night and we hope to take part in future events where I am sure we will sell even more tickets.”
A further three rewind events are taking place next year in September, October and November.
- 1 Fatal crash on the M5 leads to delays for drivers
- 2 Dog found in hedge now looking for forever home
- 3 Weston-born man killed in sickle attack in Thailand
- 4 Plan for 70 new homes on edge of Worle revealed
- 5 Sainsbury's propose 9,000 sq.ft North Somerset store
- 6 Belvedere returns home as latest Helicopter Museum exhibit
- 7 Man who told police his partner self-harmed jailed for knife attack
- 8 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 9 RNLI rescues people cut off by tide at Birnbeck Island
- 10 Travelodge looking to recruit for 600 jobs - including in Somerset
To get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org