Weston-super-Mare sports clubs raise £700 through event
- Credit: Archant
Sports clubs in Weston-super-Mare raised £715 through the town’s Grand Pier rewind event.
Five clubs took part in selling tickets for the event and for each sold the money was spilt equally with sports groups involved in Weston.
Worle Football Club and Weston RFC Juniors were among those taking part and the fundraiser saw the town’s Crusaders group raise £440.
The money raised will now go towards equipment, projects and activities at the clubs.
Director of Weston’s Rugby Club, Mark Philp, said: “The cash-back on ticket sales is a great initiative and allowed us to raise £190 in funds for our club.
“We had a fantastic night and we hope to take part in future events where I am sure we will sell even more tickets.”
A further three rewind events are taking place next year in September, October and November.
- 1 'Unavoidable' delays push back pier-to-pier cycle way between Weston and Clevedon
- 2 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 3 COURT RESULTS: Speeding woman, 71, banned from driving
- 4 Weston woman wins settlement after police records described her as violent
- 5 Fire in freezer unit at Weston supermarket
- 6 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 7 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
- 8 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
- 9 Forest school 'like no other' is helping change the lives of children
- 10 Vegan cafe opens in Grove Park
To get involved, email email@example.com