‘Toddler abduction attempt’ reported to police
- Credit: Google
An allegation of an attempted abduction of a toddler in Weston-super-Mare is being investigated by police officers.
Reports of a man trying to take a young child emerged on social media on Thursday night, prompting police to look into the incident yesterday (Friday).
The post suggested the attempted abduction took place at the Summer Lane pond area, near Worle, on Thursday.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary have stepped up patrols in the area as a result.
A police spokesman said: "We are investigating an incident in which a man allegedly took hold of a toddler in Weston.
You may also want to watch:
"We are currently carrying out enquiries to establish what happened.
"Officers are patrolling the area to provide reassurance and receive any information on the incident in order to piece together what happened.
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
"If you are able to help, please call us on 101, quoting reference 5219114866.
"Do not make reports or give information via social media."