‘Toddler abduction attempt’ reported to police
- Credit: Google
An allegation of an attempted abduction of a toddler in Weston-super-Mare is being investigated by police officers.
Reports of a man trying to take a young child emerged on social media on Thursday night, prompting police to look into the incident yesterday (Friday).
The post suggested the attempted abduction took place at the Summer Lane pond area, near Worle, on Thursday.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary have stepped up patrols in the area as a result.
A police spokesman said: "We are investigating an incident in which a man allegedly took hold of a toddler in Weston.
"We are currently carrying out enquiries to establish what happened.
"Officers are patrolling the area to provide reassurance and receive any information on the incident in order to piece together what happened.
- 1 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 2 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 3 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 4 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 5 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 6 How you can keep your mobile charged at Glastonbury 2022
- 7 Weston business launches recruitment drive
- 8 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandals strike
- 9 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 10 Weston's new mayor and deputy formally elected at council ceremony
"If you are able to help, please call us on 101, quoting reference 5219114866.
"Do not make reports or give information via social media."