‘Toddler abduction attempt’ reported to police
- Credit: Google
An allegation of an attempted abduction of a toddler in Weston-super-Mare is being investigated by police officers.
Reports of a man trying to take a young child emerged on social media on Thursday night, prompting police to look into the incident yesterday (Friday).
The post suggested the attempted abduction took place at the Summer Lane pond area, near Worle, on Thursday.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary have stepped up patrols in the area as a result.
A police spokesman said: "We are investigating an incident in which a man allegedly took hold of a toddler in Weston.
You may also want to watch:
"We are currently carrying out enquiries to establish what happened.
"Officers are patrolling the area to provide reassurance and receive any information on the incident in order to piece together what happened.
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Will garden village be revived?
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 9 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 10 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
"If you are able to help, please call us on 101, quoting reference 5219114866.
"Do not make reports or give information via social media."