Town centre roads to close for resurfacing works
- Credit: Archant
Two roads will be closed in Weston’s town centre while resurfacing work is carried out.
North Somerset Council will close Knightstone Road and South Parade for five days to carry out the improvements.
The road closure will be in place from Monday from 9.15am-4pm.
The closure will extend from Royal Parade to Waterloo Street and include the junctions of Lower Church Road and West Street.
There will be no access to West Street, Wadham Street or the High Street from Knightstone Road.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers will not be able to park in Bristol Road Lower while the temporary closures are in place. Roadworks in Meadow Street have been delayed by a day and will see the road closed overnight from 7pm-6am tomorrow (Friday).
On-street parking will be suspended and a diversion, for both closures, will be in place.
- 1 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 2 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 4 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 7 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 8 GALLERY: Photographers capture springtime snapshots in Weston-super-Mare
- 9 Winscombe gardening business gets Alan Titchmarsh's blessing
- 10 Independent brewery launches Crowdfunder for business expansion