Cancer Research walk held in Weston Woods
- Credit: Archant
A woodland walk to raise money for a cancer charity has been held.
Weston’s Cancer Research UK fundraising committee organised a 3km stroll around Weston Woods.
A dozen people took part with many opting to stretch their dog’s legs by taking them along.
A fun nature trail and quiz was also put on for the children attending.
A spokesman for the fundraising group said: “We raised about £250.
“We had 12 walkers and four dogs, and the walk through Weston Woods was led by Becky Trout representing Cancer Research UK.”
The fundraisers have been holding events to raise money for the national charity for the past 60 years.
- 1 'Unavoidable' delays push back pier-to-pier cycle way between Weston and Clevedon
- 2 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 3 COURT RESULTS: Speeding woman, 71, banned from driving
- 4 Weston woman wins settlement after police records described her as violent
- 5 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 6 Fire in freezer unit at Weston supermarket
- 7 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
- 8 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
- 9 Forest school 'like no other' is helping change the lives of children
- 10 Thugs targeted elderly couple's motorhome as they slept during Weston Air Show
Last year, members organised a 5km walk around the Tyntesfield estate in Wraxall.